Monday, May 16, 2005

What is Church

So Hammer,since you mentioned this I will take a stab it,
What is Church, I think church could be better defined for me, has a community of believers coming together to worship God, through songs, teaching, fellowship and encouragement. All done focusing and pointing each other to Jesus for both praises and problems. It should be a place that when a believer is hurting or struggling others would come along side and support and encourage, not that in ourselves we have the answer but can point to the one that does (Jesus). Also a place to rejoice with each other over Gods faithfulness. It seems that it also requires that we are available to each other outside of the meetings. It seems to me the only requirements for a church service would be a place to meet and a group of believers, I'm not sure if a full time shepherding pastor would be a requirement, definitely a desired benefit, but I also see a need for tentmaking shepherds.
Some thoughts,
Ed

No comments: