Thursday, November 04, 2010

A personalized philosophy of ministry statement regarding my complete dependence on God’s grace to fulfill my office <or> how in the world can any believer do good works (Titus 1.16; 2.3, 7, 14; 3.1, 8)

To be consumed by the good work God wants from me (2 Timothy 3.17) is to understand the persistence, diligence and demand (Philippians 2.12, 13) of the appointment to ministry (Ephesians 4.11-16) which flows from His calling of grace (Galatians 1.6, 15). That I may be motivated in what occupies me and the actions I undertake by the grace of Jesus (Galatians 2.21) that radically saved me; and that I may be motivated by yielding to the Holy Spirit's control of my life (Ephesians 3.16, 17, 20) so that the Holy Spirit may reflect the character of Jesus through me (2 Corinthians 3.18). Because only the good that is by constitution or nature reflective of the character of God (1 Peter 1.15, 16) can be beautiful, excellent, precious, praiseworthy, noble, virtuous or moral (Philippians 4.8, 9). This happens, primarily, as I diligently study the Scriptures that the Holy Spirit inspired (2 Timothy 3.16) and allow the Holy Spirit to transform (Romans 12.1, 2) my life and ministry (2 Timothy 4.2).

No comments: