Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Living Our Life Like God Is In Charge

Ephesians 2:10 NLT/CEV mix
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live."

In God's sovereign love (Ephesians 2.4) He redeemed me from sin, death and wrath (2.3). That life of sin was no way to live, in fact I wasn't fully alive until He saved me (2.5). Actually, His purpose for me is even greater than this life, it is to set my identity on His future FULL glorification (2.6,7). Alas, until then I am filled with hope and His direction because even before I was, the great I Am had a plan for me to live IN JESUS (2.10). How cool: before time He thought of me; after time He has a plan for me; and in time He has a way for me to live, in Himself!

That being said I thought this mix of translations represented a great pinnacle to the argument or at least a key thought for me to memorize.

Ephesians 2:10 NLT/CEV mix
"For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live."

No comments: