Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Soul Feeding Love

I have been meditating on Psalm 119.40 "How I long for your precepts!
In your righteousness preserve my life" and the love relationship in which the Lord feeds my soul.

And I found this great quote from Andrew Murray:
"...the great God of love is shining upon us every moment of the day. If we will give Him time and patient waiting, this love will enter our hearts with all its gifts and graces and its unspeakable blessedness. We will be made willing to part utterly with self and to yield ourselves as a continual sacrifice to the God who loves us."
Amen! Dying to self, and living in Jesus; so simple and profound. To "long" for God's Word to speak to me, I must be a consistent listener. To know His "righteousness" and that He is the only one to "preserve my life" is experienced as I consistently walk in His grace. That is an amazing love relationship where I can only adore Him because He loved me first. So I will soak up His love and be willing to cooperate with Him as He asks me to die to self in glorifying Him.

No comments: