Sunday, December 05, 2004

Devotions For Monday, Advent Week 2

Opening
My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning. Out of the depths I have cried to You. O Lord, hear my voice. With my whole heart I want to praise You. O Lord, hear my voice. If You, Lord, should mark iniquities: Who could stand? Who could stand? I will wait for the Lord. My soul waits, and in Him do I hope.

Call: Who is it that you seek?
Response: I seek the Lord our God.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your heart?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your soul?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your mind?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your strength?
Response: Amen. Christ, have mercy.

Observe a period of silence

Scripture
Psalm 25:4-7 Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD. (NIV)

Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied: ”‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ (NIV)

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. (NIV)
Meditation
As it was, as it is, and as it shall be evermore, God of grace, God in Trinity! With the ebb, with the flow, ever it is so, God of grace, O Trinity, with the ebb and flow. Traditional Gaelic prayer

Offer Prayer’s For Others

The Collect
Stir up Your power, O Lord, and with great might come among us; and, because we are sorely hindered by our sins, let Your bountiful grace and mercy speedily help and deliver us; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory, now and for ever. Amen.

1 comment:

Dustin said...

Various sources see me for a full citation.