Sunday, December 12, 2004

Devotions For Monday Advent Week 3


Opening
My soul waits for the Lordmore than thosewho watch for the morning,more than those who watch for the morning. Out of the depths I have cried to You. O Lord, hear my voice. With my whole heart I want to praise You. O Lord, hear my voice. If You, Lord, should mark iniquities: Who could stand? Who could stand? I will wait for the Lord.My soul waits, and in Him do I hope.

Call: Who is it that you seek?
Response: I seek the Lord our God.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your heart?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your soul?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your mind?
Response: Amen. Lord, have mercy.
Call: Do you seek Him with all your strength?
Response: Amen. Christ, have mercy.

Observe a period of silence

Scripture
Psalm 23:1-3 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside still waters; He restores me soul. He leads me in right paths for His name’s sake. (NRSV)

Luke 2:19 But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. (NIV)

Hebrews 12:14,15 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. (NIV)
Meditation
As it was, as it is,and as it shall beevermore, God of grace,God in Trinity!With the ebb, with the flow,ever it is so,God of grace, O Trinity,with the ebb and flow.
Traditional Gaelic prayer

Offer Prayer’s For Others

The Collect
Almighty Father, You have poured upon us the new Light of Your incarnate Word: Jesus. Grant that this Light, enkindled in our hearts, may shine forth in our lives—Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: