Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Devotions For Tuesday Advent Week 3

Opening
Christ, as a light illumine and guide me. Christ, as a shield overshadow me. Christ under me; Christ over me; Christ beside me on my left and my right. This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all-powerful. Be in the heart of each to whom I speak; in the mouth of each who speaks unto me. This day be within and without me, lowly and meek, yet all-powerful. Christ as a light; Christ as a shield; Christ beside me on my left and my right.

Observe a period of silence

Scripture
Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; whom shall I dread? (NAS)

John 1:4,5 In Him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it. (NIV)

1 Thessalonians 5:23,24 May God Himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it. (NIV)
Meditation
We believe and trust in God the Father Almighty. We believe and trust in Jesus Christ His Son. We believe and trust in the Holy Spirit. We believe and trust in the Three in One.

Offer Prayer’s For Others


The Collect
Almighty Father, You have poured upon us the new Light of Your incarnate Word: Jesus. Grant that this Light, enkindled in our hearts, may shine forth in our lives—Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: