Saturday, December 18, 2004

Devotions For Saturday Advent Week 3


Opening
Lord, You have always given bread for the coming day; and though I am poor, today I believe.
Lord, You have always givenstrength for the coming day; and though I am weak, today I believe.
Lord, You have always given peace for the coming day; and though I am of an anxious heart, today I believe.
Lord, You have always kept me safe in trials; and now, tried as I am, today I believe.
Lord, You have always marked the road for the coming day; and though it may be hidden, today I believe.
Lord, You have always lightened this darkness of mine; and though the night is here, today I believe.
Lord, You have always spoken when time was ripe; and though You be silent now, today I believe.

Observe a period of silence

Scripture
Psalm 36:9 For with You is the fountain of life; on Your light we see light. (NRSV)

Luke 17:33 Those who try to make their life secure will lose it, but those who lose their life will keep it. (NRSV)

Philippians 1:6-11, Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. (TNIV)
Meditation
In the shadow of Your wings I will sing Your praises, O Lord. I believe I shall see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. O wait for the Lord! Have courage and wait, wait for the Lord. In the shadow of Your wings I will sing Your praises, O Lord
Offer Prayer’s For Others

The Collect
Almighty Father, You have poured upon us the new Light of Your incarnate Word: Jesus. Grant that this Light, enkindled in our hearts, may shine forth in our lives—Jesus Christ our Lord; who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.

No comments: